Решение проблемы (Conflict resolution) 9 класс
Конспект урока по английскому языку
в 9 классе
«Решение проблемы (Conflict resolution)»
преподаватель английского языка
МБОУ гимназия № 19
имени Н. З. Поповичевой г. Липецка
Жаглина Татьяна Владимировна
Предмет: Английский язык.
Класс: УМК Биболетова М. З.,9 класс (базовый уровень).
Учитель: Жаглина Татьяна Владимировна,.
1. Учебные: Тренировать в аудировании, чтении и устной речи. Научить писать официальное письмо - жалобу.
2. Развивающие: Развивать способность к функционально - адекватному
сочетанию лексических единиц и логическому изложению.
3. Познавательные: Познакомить с новым способом написания официального письма.
4. Воспитательные: Воспитывать уважительное отношение к другой культуре, воспитывать культуру изложения своих идей в письменной речи.
Оборудование: Компьютер, экран, раздаточный материал.
I. Организационный момент.
Т: Good morning, boys and girls! I am glad to see you. Today we shall continue to speak about conflicts and how to resolve them.
II. Фонетическая зарядка.
Т: Say after me: (2 слайд)
III. Речевая зарядка.
Т: Answer the questions.
Наve you ever flown anywhere? When was it? Was the service good? Did you enjoy the flight? (Students’ answers)
III. Развитие навыков чтения и устной речи.
Т:Mr Hampton recently flew from London to New York, and he was very disappointed with the airline company. Look at the company's advertisement, together with his notes. (3 слайд)
Т: Answer the questions. (Ex.2) (4 слайд)
(Keys: 1 –A; 2 – No; 3- B; 4 – A; 5 - flight number & date of flight; your complaints & example; request for a refund)
Т:Look at the screen, read the text and say what it is. (А letter) (5 слайд)
Т:Read the letter and label the paragraphs with these headings. (Ex.3)
(Keys: Paragraph 1: reason for writing. Paragraphs 2 - 4: complaints and examples. Paragraph 5: action to be taken)
T: What kind of a letter is it? (A formal letter)
Т: What is it about? (About bad services)
Т:It is a letter of complaint. What are we going to write today? (A letter of complaint)
Т: Open your exercise books and write the topic of the lesson.
“Conflict resolution” (writing a letter of complaint) (6 слайд)
Т: Read the letter again and answer the questions:
1. How many addresses has the letter got? (Two addresses)
2. Whose address is in the top right corner? (The writer’s address)
3. What topic sentences are included in the main body? (Paragraph 2 - Firstly, the on-board ... careless. Paragraph 3 - What is more, the ... very rude. Paragraph 4 - Furthermore, the food was awful)
4. What points are included in each paragraph? (Paragraph 1- reason for writing (i.e. to complain. Paragraph 2- complaint (slow, careless service. Paragraph 3 - complaint (rude flight attendants). Paragraph 4 - complaint (awful food). Paragraph 5 - action writer expects to be taker (refund, apology).
Т: Make notes under the headings below, then use your notes to talk about the complaints. (7 слайд)
Т: Check your answers then use your notes to talk about the complaints. (Ex.4)
Т: Look at the following beginnings and underline the adjectives that express the writer's feelings. Then, write the adjectives in the correct boxes below. (Ex.5)
Т: Check your answers. (10 слайд)
IV. Обучение написанию письма.
Т: Read the letter and replace the informal phrases in bold with suitable formal phrases from the list. (Ex.6) (11 слайд)
Т: Check your answers. (12 слайд)
T: Read the writing tip. (13 слайд)
T: Read the plan. (14 слайд)
T: You recently went on a cruise to the Caribbean. Unfortunately, you were very disappointed with the holiday. Look at the company's advertisement, together with your notes and write them down. (15 слайд)
T: Now answer the questions.
1. What type of letter is this? (A letter of complaint)
2. What style will you use? Why? (A polite, formal style, because the letter is formal)
3. How will you begin your letter? How will you end it? (Begin: Dear Sir/Madam, End: Yours faithfully,… (full name)
4. What topic sentences will you use for the main body paragraphs?
(Paragraph 2: To begin with, I was shocked by the size and condition of the cabin.
Para graph 3: What is more, there was no private bathroom in the cabin.
Paragraph 4: To make matters worse, the food on board was quite unsatisfactory.)
V. Итоги. Домашняя работа.
T: What did we do today? What did we learn?
T: Write a letter to the company, complaining about the holiday and asking for a refund. Use the writing tips and the plan to write the letter. (100-140 words)
Использованные материалы: (17 слайд)
I. Интернет ресурсы:
1) http://ljplus.ru/img4/g/a/gamz/prin_grand.jpg - изображение лайнера
2) http://www.nowhereelse.fr/wp-content/docs/loftinteriorw-tv-thumb.jpg - изображение каюты
II. Virginia Evans, Jenny Dooley. Reading & Writing Targets 3. Student’s Book. - Blackpill: Express Publishing, 1999.
Virginia Evans, Jenny Dooley. Reading & Writing Targets 3. Teacher’s Book”. - Blackpill: Express Publishing, 1999.
36 Briarfield Road
Customer Service Department
62 West Cliff Drive
I am writing to complain about the poor service I received when I travelled with your airline on 30th January. I flew from London to New York on flight TMN 108 and I was completely dissatisfied.
Firstly, the on-board service was very slow and careless. When I asked for a glass of water it took the flight attendant half an hour to bring one, and the glass which she brought was dirty.
What is more, the flight attendants were all very rude. One spilt a drink on me and didn't apologise or help to clean it up. They were the complete opposite of the "helpful and friendly" staff you describe in your advertisement.
Furthermore, the food was awful. It was cold and tasted horrible. Again, this was quite unlike the "delicious in-flight meal" you advertised.
I am very disappointed indeed. I would like a full refund for the cost of my flight as well as an apology for the appalling service. I hope to hear from you regarding this matter as soon as possible.
Suggested answer keys:
I am writing to complain about the Caribbean cruise I went on with your company. I travelled on SS Molina from 3-17 April, and I was shocked by your standards.
Firstly, I was disgusted by the size and condition of the cabin. It was small and dirty.
Moreover, I specifically requested a private bathroom but I had to share a bathroom with other passengers.
To make matters worse, the food was of a very poor standard, though your advertisement promises gourmet food.
I feel I am entitled to a full refund for the cost of the cruise. I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.